Engineered Hardwood Flooring
At Portland Flooring, we offer a wide selection of Engineered Hardwood Flooring, including popular brands like Dansk, Johnson, and Anderson Tuftex. If you're considering Engineered Hardwood Flooring for you home renovations, here are some things to take into consideration:
- Installation is more DIY friendly with nail, glue, and floating installation methods.
- Engineered hardwood is available in both wider widths and longer lengths than solid hardwood, providing more variety for you to choose from.
- Because engineered hardwood has better moisture control than solid hardwood, you're able to install it in kitchens and basements where there is a low moisture level, meaning you can have the beautiful aesthetic of hardwood flooring throughout your home!
- While hardwood flooring prices vary based off a variety of factors, engineered hardwood is typically less expensive than solid hardwood.
- Most engineered hardwood flooring are radiant heat compatible.
- Depending on wear layer, engineered hardwood can only be sanded and refinished a few times or not at all.